Sunday, July 22, 2012

Why, oh why? July 20 and 21

Hi there.

   It's been a couple of days since my last update, but I've been taking notes, so please bear with me.

July 20:
   The question has been asked of me many times now, "Why do you feel the need to go?", "What do you see God doing in your life?", "Why France?", many more. The "why" questions have forced me to look deeper into my bible, and also into myself. What is my motivation for going?
   The first scripture I came across was Matthew 28:16-20, The Great Commission, and it has really been a motivator. Jesus gave an express command for Christians to go and make disciples and followers of Christ. This is reason #1.
   My call for France started about three years ago during a conference and the keynote speakers said how there is a great need for men in the mission field in France, and everything from that point has led towards France. I've also had a sense of peace that is unusual for me, and I take this as a sign that God is with me as a prepare for this trip.


July 21:
   I met with David Ross, Sr. and he asked me some of the questions from above, along with, "what am I doing here at home to prepare to minister overseas? I have had the opportunity to work with my church, teaching Sunday School, and playing on the worship team, also volunteering with my family at the Lazarus House. It has been an amazing experience to work with people from my church in local community outreach, and look forward to doing it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment