Friday, July 20, 2012

Observations, July 19

   Today has been great. I took my first college midterm, War and American Society, and think I did fairly well despite having no idea what was going to be covered.
   I spent about an hour and half going through my French program, and making steady progress towards a better understanding of the language and how to speak it.
   Also got to spend some time with friends, catching up and just having a good time.
   I have started my study in Romans, beginning the day with reading the passage and then reading it again, this time taking notes. The section for today was Romans 2:1-16.
   Some of my observations were the tendency too judge others while being guilty of the same sin. Occasionally, I will look at the way other people dress, talk, or are living, will silently judge their actions. I need to look to myself first. "21 you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal?"
    This was my application for the day, to look towards myself first to see what I may be doing wrong before approaching others about their problems.
   I just thank God that he will forgive my sin, and help me through it.
   This is key for my mission to France. How can I preach and spread the gospel when I myself am not a living example of Christ? With a lot of prayer and guidance, I can become the man God intends me to be. France will be a transforming event, both for the people who hear the gospel and for myself, and I look forward to what God's plan is for me.

1 comment: