Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A week (and then some) of reflection and change

So it's been about a week and a half since my last update. The reason for this is that I have been looking through my journal and trying to figure out how to best describe the experiences from the past week. And I've come to the realization that words can't even begin to grasp what happened.
The topic of teaching (if it can be called that) was on intimacy with God. Right at the beginning, it was made very clear that this wouldn't be a week of intellectual learning, but one of spiritual growth, and connecting with God's Spirit (the Holy Spirit).
With this in mind, I had several close encounters that I can't find the words to explain, other than to say that I was brought low, and then I was soaring through the heavens. I had moments of clarity as it related to my life and areas of sin were revealed to me that I didn't know existed.
It was extremely personal, so I won;t go into further detail than that. I will, however, give a summation of how God has worked in my life since I've been here. A softening of my conscience, a sensitizing of my spirit to what God wants in my life, and a humbling of my will to the awesome power of God.
Here is a poem that I wrote, drawing on Song of Solomon 5:2-7, and Psalm 91.

Who should I fear?
You have rescued me!
Why do I cower?
You have raised me up!
I wake from deep sleep.
Listening, I hear a gentle knock,
In the dead of night, I hear.
Who is it? Who comes?
Like the wind, I rush
Rush to the door.
I lift the latch, and pull
The door swings open, wide.
There he stands, the one I long for.
My Salvation, and Redeemer.

God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Taylor, that is so beautiful!! Praise God for the work He is doing in you! This mom's heart is very glad. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Taylor!
    It's great to hear how God is working in your life.

    ReplyDelete